My book reviews, mostly for the LSE Review of Books:
- Graham Allison, Robert D. Blackwill and Ali Wyne, ‘Lee Kuan Yew: The Grand Master’s Insights on China, the United States, and the World’ (2013).
- Simon Benson, ‘Betrayal: The Underbelly of Australian Labor’ (2010).
- Kerry Brown, ‘The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China’ (2014).
- Andrew F. Cooper, ‘Diplomatic Afterlives’ (2015).
- Janey Gordon, Paul Rowinski and Gavin Stewart, editors, ‘Br(e)aking the News: Journalism, Politics and New Media’ (2013).
- Pitman B. Potter, ‘China’s Legal System’ (2013).
- Judith Shapiro, ‘China’s Environmental Challenges’ (2013).
In 2014 the Tate Modern hosted an exhibition of the work of Kazimir Malevich, the Russian modernist artist. The exhibition drew on the Thessaloniki-based Costakis Collection. I wrote an article for Neos Kosmos on the story on George Costakis, the unlikely collector who saved a great deal of Russian underground art.