- An article for Business Spectator on the late Australian prime minister Malcolm Fraser’s contributions to Australia-China engagement.
- Following the 2013 Australia-China Youth Dialogue, I wrote an article for China Spectator arguing for deeper Australian engagement in western China and an article for the ABC on Sino-Australian cultural links which pointed to the opportunity of new platforms for collaboration, such as Melbourne’s White Night festival.
- Articles for the ABC on the crisis in Ukraine, violent extremism in Pakistan, Egypt and an American ‘freedom agenda’, US-China relations and the BRICs.
- An article for The Diplomat on state Internet censorship which looked at the cases of Egypt and North Korea.
- An obituary for US diplomat Richard Holbrooke in upstart.
- An article on green growth in Southeast Asia as the ASEAN Community continues to develop for Climate Spectator.
- My report on the UCL-KCL Postgraduate Environmental Law Symposium, at which presenters discussed the role of the sustainable development concept and the interplay between environmental and trade law.
- An article on the recovery of Indonesia’s Aceh region from the 2004 tsunami and a long-running civil war for upstart.
- An article on attempts to generate carbon credits from Indonesia’s forests through voluntary REDD+ projects for Inside Story.